“Apple granted the FBI access to the iCloud account of a protester accused of setting police cars on fire in #Seattle this summer, according to court documents.”
@andreas Activists should consider that Apple, Google, etc. will do this.
- Don't post location, event or activism to an untrusted cloud. OS vendor should not be considered trusted.
- Encrypt emails and messages outside of OS purview.
- Keep phones off from home to activism to home.
- Disable location services.
- Remove image and video meta / exif
...as a start
Personal instance of nitrohorse (nitrohorse.com).